No-Egg No-Cheese Zeppole
This zeppole is dairy-free and egg-free
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine water, salt and sugar in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the flour until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and beat until the dough becomes light and elastic.
- Turn out the dough on a floured surface and shape into a ball and knead for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 16 balls.
- Deep fry in oil until golden brown.
- Put sugar and cinnamon in a closed container and shake to mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle sugar mix over warm zeppoles.